API Plan 23 utilizes a circulation device, typically a pumping ring, to route the fluid from the seal chamber through a cooler before returning the cooled fluid to the seal chamber. A throat bushing isolates the cooled seal chamber flush fluid from the hotter pumped liquid.
API Plan 23
Kit components shown solid and include some optional components.
- Provides an isolated cooled flush fluid in the seal chamber
- Reduces cooler duty due to isolated flush fluid, extending the life of the close-clearance throat bushing
Plan 23 is available as a kit of components ready for field assembly. Kit contents may include:
- Swagelok tube fittings
- Pipe fittings
- V series 2-valve manifold
- 63 series ball valves
- Bimetal thermometer
- TTW series thermowell tee
- PGI series gauges
- Tubing Pressure transmitter
- Heat exchanger
- Heat exchanger stand
- Pipe nipple
See page 23 of the Mechanical Seal Support Systems Application Guide for additional details and ordering information. Contact your authorized Swagelok sales and service center for information on optional components.