Last updated October 11, 2021
This policy outlines the privacy practices Swagelok Company (“Swagelok”) applies to its collection, use, and disclosure of the information provided by applicants for employment (“you” or “your”) at Swagelok during the application and hiring process. As outlined below, Swagelok is committed to complying with applicable laws to protect the confidentiality of your personal information it obtains during the application and hiring process.
Why Does Swagelok Collect Your Information?
Swagelok collects your personal information to:
- Create an applicant profile and an associate profile if you are hired;
- Communicate with you during the application and hiring process, including through text messages, phone calls, and email;
- Properly vet your application for hire, including through post-offer, pre-hire background checks, drug screens, or confirming your education and experience; and
- Ensure compliance with applicable law and protect Swagelok’s legal interests, including in connection with actual or potential legal claims.
Swagelok does not collect or use the personal information you submit for unrelated purposes, nor does Swagelok sell your personal information to any third party.
What Types of Information Does Swagelok Request from You?
The personal information that Swagelok may request from you throughout the application and hiring process consists of:
- Personal and business contact information, including your address, email address, and telephone number;
- Educational background and qualifications, including degrees, licenses, certifications, and permits;
- Work experience, including performance history, job titles, job categories, job status, and job history;
- Pay requirements;
- Demographic or protected characteristics, such as race, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, fitness for work, and need for a potential accommodation for a disability; and
- The results of any job-related assessment you may take as part of the hiring process.
This data is stored in the United States.
How Does Swagelok Obtain Your Information?
During the application process, Swagelok obtains your personal information through your resume/CVs, job applications, phone-screens and interviews (including information volunteered by you but not requested Swagelok), and any other documentation you submit. Swagelok also obtains information about you from third parties as part of the hiring process. Such third parties include companies that conduct post-offer, pre-hire background checks and drug screens. Swagelok may also obtain information about you through publicly available channels, such as LinkedIn, Monster.com, Indeed.com, CareerBuilder, ZipRecruiter, and DirectEmployers. Swagelok obtains information from third parties consistent with applicable law.
How Does Swagelok Protect Your Information?
Swagelok uses reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Who May Have Access to Your Information?
Swagelok limits access to your personal information to Swagelok associates who have a business need to access such information. This includes associates who work at Swagelok in human resources and the applicable line(s) of business for the role(s) to which you have applied.
In addition, as described above, your personal information is shared with certain third parties solely for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy for a position at Swagelok. Such third parties include companies that conduct post-offer, pre-hire background checks and drug screens.
Finally, Swagelok may share your personal information to third parties as needed to ensure compliance with applicable law and protect Swagelok’s legal interests, including in connection with an actual or potential legal claim.
Does Swagelok Retain Your Information?
Swagelok retains your information even if you are not selected for a job. Swagelok retains such information for legitimate business reasons, including to allow Swagelok to consider you for future roles, to allow you to apply more easily to future roles, so that Swagelok can comply with applicable law, and to allow Swagelok to respond to any future legal matters.
What Rights Do I Have?
Who Should I Contact with Concerns?