API Plan 21 adds a cooler to Plan 11 for applications requiring better control of flush vapor margin. Flow is routed from the discharge side of the pump through an orifice and a cooler before being returned to the seal chamber.
API Plan 21
Kit components shown solid and include some optional components.
- Provides cooled flush fluid to the process side of the seal
- Removes heat and flushes particulate from the seal chamber
- Improves fluid vapor margin in the seal chamber
Plan 21 is available as a kit of components ready for field assembly. Kit contents may include:
- Swagelok tube fittings
- Flange adapters
- Pipe fittings
- V series 2-valve manifold
- 63 series ball valve
- Bimetal thermometer
- TTW series thermowell tee
- PGI series gauges
- Pressure transmitter
- Heat exchanger
- Heat exchanger stand
- Pipe nipple
See page 19 of the Mechanical Seal Support Systems Application Guide for additional details and ordering information. Contact your authorized Swagelok sales and service center for information on optional components.