API Plan 32 delivers a clean flush fluid into the seal chamber from an external source. Typically used with a close-clearance throat bushing, this arrangement can be used to ensure a higher pressure in the seal chamber. Flush fluid will migrate past the bushing, so it is important to ensure the flush fluid is chemically compatible with the process fluid and that process fluid dilution is not a concern.
API Plan 32 Assembly and API Plan 32 Kit
Panel shown with some optional components.
- Provides clean flush fluid to the seal chamber when the process fluid is unsuitable to be used as the flush fluid
- Increases the seal chamber pressure
- Isolates the process fluid from the seal chamber when used with a close-clearance throat bushing
Plan 32 is available as an assembled panel. The associated field installation kit for use in connecting the panel to your system is also available. Panel contents may include:
- Swagelok tube fittings
- 63 series ball valves
- CH series check valve
- V series 2-valve manifold
- M4 model flowmeter
- N series needle valve
- Bimetal thermometer
- TTW series thermowell tee
- PGI series gauges
- Swagelok pipe fittings
- Pressure transmitter
- Mounting panel
- Brackets/miscellaneous hardware
See page 27 of the Mechanical Seal Support Systems Application Guide for additional details and ordering information. Contact your authorized Swagelok sales and service center for information on optional components.