API Plan 11 recirculates flow from a high‐pressure section of the pump, typically the discharge piping, through a flow control orifice to the seal. Plan 11 is the default flush plan for most pumps.
API Plan 11
Kit components shown solid and include some optional components.
- Removes heat from the seal chamber
- Ensures proper pressure in the seal chamber in order to prevent pumped fluid from vaporizing
- Allows seal chamber to be self-venting when used with horizontal pumps
Plan 11 is available as a kit of components ready for field assembly. Kit contents may include:
- Swagelok tube fittings
- Flange adapters
- Pipe fittings
- V series 2-valve manifold
- Bimetal thermometer
- TTW series thermowell tee
- PGI series gauges
- Pressure transmitter
- Pipe nipple
See page 11 of the Mechanical Seal Support Systems Application Guide for additional details and ordering information. Contact your authorized Swagelok sales and service center for information on optional components.