Swagelok® GB Series Full-Flow Ball Valve
Bring Added Safety and Simplified Installation to High-Flow Applications
The Swagelok® GB series full-bore, full-flow general purpose ball valve offers industry-leading performance in applications, including hydraulic, injection, and fire suppression systems in the oil and gas industry; isolation for compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle infrastructure; and isolation in highly corrosive alkylation operations in the chemical processing and petrochemical refining industry. Capable of bidirectional flow to reduce the chance of improper installation, the new valve is engineered to provide high flow rates at working pressure of 6000 psi (413 bar) while simplifying installation, minimizing rework requirements, and delivering the reliable shutoff performance needed to keep workers safe and systems operating efficiently in a variety of demanding applications.
Improve Safety. Save Time. Manage Costs.
The Swagelok GB series ball valve provides value by reducing the time and cost required to install and verify the performance of components installed in high-flow industrial applications.
- The valve is designed for quick, easy setup with bidirectional flow, eliminating concerns about backward installations. Integral Swagelok® tube fitting end connections that range in size from 3/8 to 1 in. further simplify system design and minimize labor and component requirements.
- The potential for leaks or costly rework after initial installation is reduced through 100% assembly testing that ensures GB series ball valves meet specifications out of the box. Body seal performance is validated through hydrostatic system proof testing up to 1.5 times the maximum rated pressure.
- The valve is built to allow simple customization, featuring a bolt pattern that can be used as an installation point for an optional lockout handle or panel mount, as well as a bracket compatible with an ISO 5211 pneumatic actuator. Having the ability to configure GB series ball valves as needed outside the factory makes it possible in some cases to streamline inventories of full-flow valves by stocking fewer SKUs.
Reliable Performance in Severe Applications
The Swagelok GB series ball valve is also engineered to provide long-term benefit to owners and operators through features, materials, and design options that help protect workers and maximize component life in challenging conditions.
- The valve was designed with an emphasis on safety, featuring a patent-pending, mechanically locked end screw design that reduces risk of accidental disassembly or leakage. A proven leak-tight stem seal design with a blowout-proof stem provides additional reliability.
- To reduce the risk of corrosion in harsh environments, GB series ball valves are available in a variety of alloy materials, such as 6-Moly, Alloy 2507, Alloy C-276, Alloy 625, and Alloy 825, as well as standard Swagelok® 316/316L stainless steel.
- The GB series can be configured for sour gas service with materials of construction selected in accordance with NACE MR0175/ISO 15156, and it complies with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 standards for power and process piping systems.
All GB series ball valves are backed by the Swagelok Limited Lifetime Warranty, and standard configurations are readily available to order. Contact your local authorized sales and service center for additional details.