Stage 1 Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing with Twin Ferrule Mechanical Grip Fittings
To provide delegates with the training required to demonstrate the knowledge and practical skills of working with Small Bore Tubing (SBT) Systems through an individual knowledge test and practical exercises. It will give delegates an understanding of the relationship between installation requirements and health and safety in the workplace, how to contribute to a good working relationship and identify hazards in the workplace.
This twin ferrule mechanical grip fittings course is aimed at learners with no previous small bore tubing training. Please review page 2 of the course synopsis for details on the 4-stage ECITB/Step Change in Safety SBT model. This course is grant aided for ECITB registered employers.
- HSE and Step Change Overview of HCR
- Health and Safety associated with SBT activities
- P & ID's for SBT systems
- SBT systems and components
- Isolation of SBT systems
- Correct dismantling techniques
- Fitting types
- Tubing, layout and supports
- Component inspection and fault finding
- Correct use of tools for cutting, prep, bending
- Tube bending practices
- Correct assembly and installation of fittings
- Joint inspection
- Course test - practical and written
- Contribute to good, safe relationships in the working environment
ECITB Certificate of Training (candidates are not considered technically competent at Stage 1).
Candidates will be issued with Work Based Task Assignment Personal Records to be used in Stage 2.
Course Dates and Availability
For a list of our scheduled ECITB SBT01 course dates,
Technical Test Route
Technical Testing with the associated ECITB certificate of achievement plays a key role in validating a candidates skill, ability and job knowledge in a specific task or activity. The technical test route following completion of the ECITB SBT01 course is TSBT01 and/or TSBT02.
For further details about this course or to speak to one of our Training Team email scots.training@Swagelok.com or call +44 (0)1224 759916.