Enabling What’s Next
The ALD20 provides the reliability and performance that customers have come to expect from Swagelok’s ultrahigh-purity atomic layer deposition (ALD) valves while also opening up temperature stability and flow possibilities previously unattainable. It enables manufacturers to experiment with different processes and low-vapor pressure chemistries to achieve the uniform gas deposition needed to develop advanced technology today and tomorrow.
Improved Flow. Minimized Footprint.
The new ALD20 UHP valve is specifically designed to extend the limits of atomic layer deposition valve technology, enabling flow rates two to three times what can be achieved using existing ALD valves. It gives semiconductor chip manufacturers the potential to not only boost outputs and improve efficiency, but to do so without significantly changing processes.
- The ALD20 can deliver a flow rate of 1.2 Cv in the same footprint (1.5 in.) as existing ALD valves, offering improved performance without requiring retooling of existing equipment.
- A second standard ALD20 valve variant that features a slightly larger footprint width (1.75 in.) can yield an even greater flow rate of 1.7 Cv—the highest currently available from an ultrahigh-cycle UHP valve.
- Custom-set flow coefficients are also available.
The design of the ALD20 promotes consistent operation over the course of an ultrahigh cycle life due to a few key features:
- The entire valve and actuator are fully immersible in a gas box from 50°F (10°C) up to 392°F (200°C), eliminating the need to isolate the actuator during heating. Deposition consistency improves as a result, with low-vapor pressure gases kept at temperatures conducive to optimal flow.
- 316L VIM-VAR stainless steel or Alloy 22 body material options offer enhanced corrosion resistance to withstand increasingly aggressive media.
- A highly polished bellows with a 5 μin. Ra finish supports clean operation over the course of an ultrahigh cycle life for process integrity.
- A pneumatic actuator can deliver high-speed (<10 ms), repeatable actuation for precise, consistent flow to meet dosing requirements.
|Working Pressure||Vacuum to 20 psig (1.4 bar)|
|Burst Pressure||>3200 psig (220 bar)|
|Actuation Pressure||70 to 90 psig (4.8 to 6.2 bar)|
|Temperature||50° to 392°F (10° to 200°C)|
|Flow Coefficient (Cv)||1.2 (MSM) or 1.7 (straight pattern)|
|Body Materials||316L VIM-VAR or Alloy 22|
|Bellows Material||Alloy 22 (5 μin. Ra finished)|
|Type (Size)||Female VCR® fitting (1/2 in.)
Rotable male VCR fitting (1/2 in.)
Tube butt weld, 0.50 in. long (1/2 in. x 0.049 in.)
Modular surface-mount high-flow C-seal (1.5 in.)
For more information about how the ALD20 UHP valve can help improve precision and performance in semiconductor chip manufacturing applications without sacrificing consistency or repeatability, contact your local Swagelok sales and service center.
|Safe Product Selection: The complete catalog contents must be reviewed to ensure that the system designer and user make a safe product selection. When selecting products, the total system design must be considered to ensure safe, trouble-free performance. Function, material compatibility, adequate ratings, proper installation, operation, and maintenance are the responsibilities of the system designer and user.
⚠ Warning: Do not mix/interchange Swagelok products or components not governed by industrial design standards, including Swagelok tube fitting end connections, with those of other manufacturers.