Prevent condensation and keep the surface temperature of chiller hose close to ambient, regardless of media temperature. Condensation can be a major issue at a semiconductor fab because of the volatile and highly dangerous fluids used in the chip manufacturing process. Every drip/leak that is detected can be viewed as a possible hazardous fluid, causing the tool or fab to be shut down for safety reasons. In other low temperature applications (such as Joule-Thompson effect with pressure drop), insulated hose will reduce or eliminate ice build-up on the outside of fluid system components, which can affect their performance.
Swagelok hose insulation also minimizes heat loss over the length of the hose and keeps the media temperature stable and consistent from beginning to end. A lack of insulation will require higher levels of cooling energy and affect the temperature stability at the semiconductor fab tool.
- Maintains system flexibility and thermal consistency with compact aerogel material
- Minimizes water vapor ingression from ends with silicone end seal
- Eases routing and saves space with the smaller outside diameter provided by compact material
- Allows for easy identification of hose type (e.g., supply vs. return) with color-coded external wrap over the insulation
- Covers a majority of applications with hose sizes from 3/8 in. to 1 in. (9.6 mm to 25.4 mm)
|Low thermal conductivity aerogel insulation|
|End connection boots||Silicone|
|For Nominal Hose Sizes||3/8 through 1 in.|
|Temperature Range||–65 to 257°F (–53 to 125°C)|
Questions? Locate a sales and service center
|Safe Product Selection:
The complete catalog contents must be reviewed to ensure that the system designer and user make a safe product selection. When selecting products, the total system design must be considered to ensure safe, trouble-free performance. Function, material compatibility, adequate ratings, proper installation, operation, and maintenance are the responsibilities of the system designer and user.
⚠ Warning: Do not mix/interchange Swagelok products or components not governed by industrial design standards, including Swagelok tube fitting end connections, with those of other manufacturers.