Sample System Problem Solving and Maintenance (SSM)
Sample System Problem Solving And Maintenance (SSM)
Learn How to Troubleshoot Your Sampling System with Confidence
Learn how to troubleshoot a variety of common sampling system issues from the process line through sample disposal
What You’ll Learn
- How to recognize and diagnose common sampling system design flaws that lead to excessive time delay and non-representative samples
- The formulas, calculations and engineering principles that can help you properly troubleshoot process analyzer sampling systems and fine-tune them for optimum performance
- How to maintain your sampling system with minimal error and greater system integrity
- How to troubleshoot actual sampling system designs and recommend corrective actions
Course content is derived from Industrial Sampling Systems, a technical reference book authored by industry expert and consultant Tony Waters.
Who Should Attend
• Anyone who diagnoses, troubleshoots and maintains sampling systems, including sampling system and analyzer technicians, maintenance personnel and system engineers
• Appropriate for basic training or as a refresher for experienced professionals
Register now for one of our scheduled programs by submitting a completed Registration Form. Or email email@example.com to request private training at your site. Your authorized sales and service center will follow up with full details.
Course instructors are experts at designing, installing and maintaining sampling systems and include:
- Dr. Stephen Jacobs, Owner and President of Jacobs Process Analytics, Inc.: Dr. Stephen Jacobs, with over 25 years in the sampling systems industry, has designed, installed and maintained hundreds of analyzer and sampling systems for applications ranging from safety monitoring to closed-loop process control. Dr. Jacobs contributes the application of complex design principles and the configuration and adaptation of many sampling system components to solve difficult problems. He received his PhD in physical chemistry from Wesleyan University.
- Phil Harris, Industry Expert and Consultant: In his over 30 years in industry and academia, Phil Harris has provided expert insight and analysis for a variety of applications. He is the author of many papers on analyzer systems and routinely presents at industry conferences and technical seminars. With extensive experience in research, development and project management, Mr. Harris has supported many industries, including nuclear energy, oil refining and alternative fuels. He earned both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Manitoba. He is an ISA Analysis Division Fellow.
- Manny S. Alvarez, Engineer and Research Associate: Manny Alvarez is an award-winning industry specialist who holds several patents in the analytical industry. Currently education chair of the ISA Analytical Division, he worked in engineering for The Exxon Corporation for nearly four decades prior to his retirement. Mr. Alvarez holds a bachelor’s degree in physics and mathematics from Rutgers University and a master’s degree in chemistry from Princeton University.