Relief Valves and Proportional Relief Valves
Swagelok offers proportional relief valves for general-industry applications and relief valves for use in the sanitary industries. We offer both high pressure relief valves and low pressure relief valves.
- Spring adjusts to provide desired set pressure
- Cap provides easy external set pressure adjustment
- Label identifies set pressure range
- Lock nut maintains cap position, ensuring set pressure adjustment
- Lock wire capability secures cap to maintain set pressure adjustment
- Quad seal eliminates leakage around the stem during relief mode
- O-ring or bonded disc provide elastomer-to-metal seal for positive shutoff at seat
R3A Series and R4 Series High-Pressure Relief Valves
- Service up to 6000 psig (413 bar)
- Multiple springs for a selection of set pressure ranges.
RL3 and RL4 Low-Pressure Relief Valves
- Service up to 300 psig (20.6 bar)
- One spring for the full set pressure range
R series relief valves are proportional relief valves that open gradually as the pressure increases. Consequently, they do not have a capacity rating at a given pressure rise (accumulation), and they are not certified to ASME or any other codes.
Some system applications require relief valves to meet specific safety codes. The system designer and user must determine when such codes apply and whether these relief valves conform to them.
Every R series proportional relief valve is tested for set and resealing performance.
Cleaning and Packaging
All Swagelok R series relief valves are cleaned and packaged in accordance with Swagelok Standard Cleaning and Packaging (SC-10).
Options Manual Overide Handles
A manual override handle opens the valve without changing the set pressure. Manual override handles are available factory installed or in kits for field assembly.Special Cleaning and Packaging
Swagelok Special Cleaning and Packaging (SC-11) to ensure compliance with product cleanliness requirements stated in ASTM G93 Level C.Spring Kits
Replacement spring kits are available for all models.Seal Materials
Fluorocarbon FKM is standard. Buna N, ethylene propylene, and neoprene seals are available factory-installed or in replacement seal kits for field assembly.