Diaphragm-Sealed Valves—DL Series and DS Series
Swagelok® DL series and DS series diaphragm valves offer packless, all metal containment for high-purity and ultrahigh-purity applications up to 3500 psig.
Up to 3500 psig (241 bar)
–100 to 250°F (–73 to 121°C)
Up to 0.30
316L stainless steel
316 stainless steel
Swagelok tube fitting, VCR® face seal fitting, VCO® O-ring fitting, tube butt weld, tube socket weld
1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 in.; 6 and 8 mm
- Repetitive shutoff with fully contained soft-seat stem tip
- Bottom mounting and panel mounting standard
- DL series (lever handle)
- Quarter-turn actuation
- Position indicator ring
- Splined handle and actuator prevents slippage
- DS series (rotary handle)
- Approximately one and one-half turns to operate from fully
open to closed.
- Standard, no process designator: Special Cleaning and
- Special cleaning with non–ozone-depleting chemicals
- Performed in specially cleaned areas; valves are individually
- 20 µin. (0.51 µm) average, machine finished.
- Ultrahigh-purity, process designator P: Ultrahigh-Purity
Process Specification (SC-01)
- Ultrahigh-purity cleaning with a continuously monitored,
deionized water, ultrasonic cleaning system
- Performed in ISO Class 4 work areas; valves are double bagged
and vacuum sealed in cleanroom bags
- 8 µin. (0.20 µm) average, machine finished and
Inboard helium leak tested to a rate of 4 × 10–9 std
cm3/s at the seat, envelope, and all seals.
Multiport and Elbow Diaphragm Valves and Multivalve Manifolds
DL and DS series diaphragm valves are available in multiport and
elbow configurations; see the Swagelok Bellows- and Diaphragm-Sealed
Multiport and Elbow Valves Selection Guide. Multivalve manifolds are
also available; contact your authorized Swagelok sales and service
- PCTFE stem tip is standard; PTFE and polyimide material are
- Stem replacement and diaphragm seal kits are available.
- Green handles are standard; a variety of other colors are