Swagelok® Sample Cylinders
Swagelok offers a range of DOT- and TC-compliant doubled-ended and single-ended sample cylinders, as well as miniature sample cylinders, cylinder accessories, and outage tubes.
DOT / TC Compliance
Up to 5000 psig (344 bar)
304L and 316L stainless steel, alloy 400
40 to 3875 cm³ (up to 1 gal)
DOT-3E 1800 / TC-3EM 124;
DOT-3A 1800 / TC-3ASM 124;
DOT-3A 5000 / TC-3ASM 344;
Up to 500 psig (34.4 bar)
304L stainless steel
150 to 500 cm³
1000 psig (68.9 bar)
10 to 50 cm³
See sample cylinders, cylinder valves, and accessories compliant
- Body made of seamless tubing provides consistent wall
thickness, size, and capacity.
- Smooth internal neck transition allows easy cleaning and
eliminates trapped fluids.
- Cold-formed female NPT threads provide greater strength.
- Heavy-wall end connections provide strength and resist
- Full-penetration gas tungsten arc-weld construction provides
leak-tight sample containment.
- Each DOT cylinder is hydrostatically tested to at least 5/3
the working pressure. All testing of DOT cylinders is witnessed by a
DOT-approved independent inspection agency.
- DOT-3E 1800/TC-3EM 124 cylinders are hydrostatically proof
tested at 3050 psig (210 bar). One cylinder of each lot is burst
- DOT-3A 1800 and 5000/TC-3ASM 124 and 344 cylinders are marked
with a serial number. Volumetric expansion of each cylinder during
hydrostatic testing must be within the limits set by DOT Specification
3A and TC Specification 3ASM.
- DOT-3A 1800/TC-3ASM 124 cylinders are hydrostatically proof
tested at 3000 psig (206 bar) minimum.
- DOT-3A 5000/TC-3ASM 344 cylinders are hydrostatically proof
tested at 8500 psig (586 bar) minimum.
- DOT-SP7458 1800 cylinders are hydrostatically proof tested at
3000 psig (206 bar).
Ministure Sample Cylinders
- DOT-4B 500 cylinders are hydrostatically proof tested at 1000
psig (69 bar) minimum.
- Every miniature sample cylinder is proof tested at 1667 psig
(114 bar) with dry nitrogen gas.
Compressed gas cylinders must be equipped with pressure relief
devices in accordance with United States DOT regulations and CGA S-1.1.
Rupture Disc Units
Swagelok rupture disc units protect sample cylinders from
overpressurization by venting the cylinder contents to atmosphere. The
rupture disc is welded to a body that is threaded into a valve body or a
rupture disc tee and sealed by an elastomer O-ring. Nonrotating stem
needle valves with rupture disc units and rupture disc tees are also
Options and Accessories
- PTFE coating
- Additional marking
- End caps
- Caps and plugs
- Carrying handle
|1. Outage tube
3. Vapor space
4. Total volume
Outage tubes provide a vapor space of the desired volume in
cylinders containing liquefied gases, so that liquid in the cylinder can
expand if the temperature increases. Without enough vapor space, a small
temperature increase can cause the liquid to expand and increase the
pressure dramatically. See local regulations and other appropriate
guidelines for safe filling limits for your application.