VCR® Metal Gasket Face Seal Fittings
VCR face seal fittings offer the high purity of a metal-to-metal seal, providing leak-tight service from vacuum to positive pressure. The seal on a VCR assembly is made when the gasket is compressed by two beads during the engagement of a male nut or body hex and a female nut.
• Glands, bodies, nuts
Up to 11 200 psig (771 bar)
Up to 1000°F (537°C)
316, 316L, 316L VAR stainless steels
316L stainless steel, nickel, copper
Weld, NPT, male straight thread, Swagelok tube fitting
1/16 to 1 in.; 6 to 18 mm
Glands, bodies, welded assemblies, straights, elbows, tees, crosses, reducers, adapters
- Standard surface finish on glands and bodies is a roughness average of 10 µin. (0.25 µm) Ra.
- No "virtual leak" zones.
- Test port at two locations for easy leak testing.
- Side-load retainer gasket for easy installation and minimal clearance for removal.
- Precision manufactured gasket for maximum performance.
- Female threads are silver plated to prevent galling, ensure easy, consistent assembly.
- Markings identify manufacturer, material, and heat code.
Typical VCR Assemblies
1. Female nut. 2. Gland. 3. Side-load retainer gasket. 4. Gland. 5. Male nut.
6. Female nut. 7. Gland. 8. Gasket. 9. Body.
High-Flow Connections— "H" Type VCR Face Seal Fittings
"H" type VCR connections are compatible with 1/4 in. VCR connections and are designed for use with Swagelok high-flow diaphragm valves and gas regulators
The VCR fitting design has been helium leak tested to a maximum leak rate of 4 × 10–9 std cm3/s with silver plated and copper gaskets and to a maximum leak rate of 4 × 10–11 std cm3/s with unplated gaskets.
Components are cleaned to remove oil, grease, and loose particles. For more information, see Swagelok Standard Cleaning and Packaging (SC-10).
A variety of VCR face seal glands and bodies is available with controlled surface finishes, electropolished, and specially cleaned to meet ultrahigh-purity system requirements. For more information, see Swagelok Ultrahigh-Purity Process Specification (SC-01).
Options and Accessories
- Split-nut assemblies
- Flow restrictors
- Lock and tag devices
- Side-load installation tool and tray